Old 01-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Andrew G

"Alejandro Bedini G." wrote in message
news:008a01c4d6eb$43d92760$2a1601c8@bedini...
Hi all

I know the professional people who doing bonsai in a high
level(workshop, teach, demo, congress, lecture)
dont like Call or use the word MASTER.

What do you think is the correct name to use?
A) Teacher
B) Artist
C) professional
D) ????

I would have to say Teacher, if they are teaching it in a class.
Professional if they make a living out of bonsai, that being creating and
selling them (teaching too under this title).
Otherwise I would go with hobbyist if it's a hobby, and not your main source
of income.
I think Master is a little over the top, and I don't really see it as an
artist. Yes, some bonsai starters here in OZ are labelled as a living art,
which maybe they are in a way, but then so would someones well kept garden.
Cheers
Andrew

--
Mid North Coast