Old 30-11-2004, 07:09 PM
John D. Mitchell

In article , Atar wrote:
[...]

Guaduas tend to have beautiful deep-green straight culms, that don't
taper off quickly, giving a very architectural appearance. I dunno
if these can be had in the USA but the American Bamboo Society would
know who would have them if so, and where they are already growing.

Do you have any recommendations w.r.t. the specific Guadua species? I have
no experience with them (that I know of :-).

Basically, I'm looking for something that has relatively short
internodes, straight culms, minimal tapering, and strong (thick-walled
but not solid).

If I read the USDA zone chart correctly, I'm in zone 9 which seems to
be at the edge of the Guadua range.

Thanks,
John