Old 06-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Warren

Cereus-validus... wrote:
The big question is why do so many people so desperately want the
florist Poinsettia to be non-toxic?

What is their real motivation for making that claim?

A. It's true
B. People who still remember the old wives tale that it's poisonous kill
sales

Pretty much the same reason why any old wives tale about a commercial
product being harmful is strenuously rebuked with evidence until the
believers of the old wives tales are generally thought of as being the
ignorant fools they are.

I'm going to go with the real evidence on this one, and write-off the
old wives tale of them being poisonous as being the unfounded rumor with
no evidence to back it up that it is.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.