Old 06-12-2004, 03:34 PM
starlord

The best thing she can do is to put them in Pots for the winter, this should
keep them alive and growing. Then once they are ready to be planted put them
in a new bed. This is IF they are the Tall Beaded Iris, if they are L.A.
Iris then they should be taken inside and placed in something like a bucket
of water and placed where they get a bit of light from a window.

Being zone 6 I would think they are TBI's, in that case as said above, pot
them up and place them outside then.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

"Sue D" wrote in message
om...
I have a question for anyone who is an expert on Irises, or just
someone with a really good knowledge of them.
Is it possible to over winter common irises out of the ground all
winter in zone 6? My nieghbor has dug her's up waiting on instulation
of a pond, is it safe to over winter them out of the ground and inside
a non-building?

Thanks for any help,

Sue D.

---