Old 06-12-2004, 10:30 PM
dps

P. Galore wrote:
No reason there couldn't be such a thing, but is there such a thing? I want
to trim (burn away) a ~5" diameter branch high on a tree to give me line-
of-sight to a satellite. Because of height and location, it is not cheap or
easy to get it done professionally.

A laser strong enough to burn off a tree limb would be highly regulated
by several government organizations. The FAA would be very interested
due to the hazard to air traffic.

I once operated a research laser which was directed straight up. It took
about 6 months to get all the required paperwork filed and approved by
state and federal agencies. In the end we had to have a co-located radar
to monitor air traffic.

Believe me, it is cheaper and easier to have it done professionally.