Old 06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Tyler Hopper

Try Mexican Mint Marigold as a substitute. I'm in San Antonio where it gets
over
100dF several times each yr. and MMM hangs in.

Tyler

My sister keeps telling me about that... Since I can't seem to keep
Tarragon alive either outdoors in the herb garden, or in a pot in the
greenhouse, I might have to try that.

Another herb with a similar flavor (that I seem to be able to grow if I
can keep the tiger swallowtail babies off of it!) is fennel.

It will die back from a hard freeze but we got down to about 28dF a while back
and it's still going. We've had it for about 3 yrs. and it has weathered days
over 105.

Also puts on a very pretty show of deep yellow flowers.

Tyler