Old 06-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Bill Stock

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:

I noticed that my bubbler is struggling to bubble as it gets colder. I
imagine it will fail, when the real cold gets here. I've seen a few of

you
talk about keeping your bubbler inside, but then the condensation builds
up in the long airline.

I had no trouble in St. Thomas, ON, getting it to bubble on the coldest
days. You _will_ need spare diaphragms for the pump though. They don't
hold up well to major cold and I would go through two in a winter.
--
derek

Thanks Derek.

I'm really noticing the reduced output even at these temps and I'd like to
avoid the new diaphragms.

So I built my 12W container (Cashew jar) out of some junk in the electronics
box. So far it's keeping the box 30° C above ambient. But, once the pump
starts sucking cold air into the box? I think the 12W will be overwhelmed.
Perhaps a heated sock is the way to go. More testing required.