Old 06-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Ford Prefect

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:49:38 -0000, "Michael Savage"
wrote:

"Ford Prefect" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:21:16 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Michael Savage" wrote in
message ...
Hi

Not having much joy with Google finding suppliers of coir blocks -
B&Q did
them last year but don't think they're going to any more. Got one
place
(Fertile Fibre) but would like to try a few. Any ideas? Planning on
using
coir rather than B&Q peat-free cos had a lot of problems with poor
growth
and fungus gnats last year...

I tried reduced-peat compost last season, and am unhappy about the
amount of thick white mould which is growing on the surface of all the
pots in which I used it.

What is the status of good old-fashioned John Innes no1 and no 2
nowadays?

Franz

When you find somewhere please post the address to the group, tried to
order them in bulk from a website but you had to order by phone and no
one was answering no matter what time of day I rang.
Ford.

Spoke to Fertile Fibre yesterday - very helpful, I'm going to see if we need
any coir for work (I'm in a Northern Ireland parks dept) and see if we can
do business. If FF were the site you were trying, they are moving premises
so that might explain no answer. Anyway, will post progress.

Michael

Cheers Michael.
Ford.