Old 07-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Jo

Hi Raleighgirl,
I have.
I actually haven't grown them in my house yet, but I had grown them on my
balcony when I lived in Raleigh near the RBC center.
I am not sure what I had done, but it was on a balcony that had the first
morning sun and no obstructions.
I did have some in my front yard last year when I spilled seeds by accident
in a garden area I was working on.
I had used organic manure if that helps.
I tend to grow some unusual plants, this coming spring I am doing my own
Maca Root , Loufa sponges and will definately attempt the Edemame in our
garden.
When I am unsure of where something will grow, I plop a seed or two in
different sections of my yard so I can see how the growth is in each area.
It at least helps for the following year.
If anyone else has information, I would also like to see what the best
spring veggies to grow are as well.

Jo

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
. com...
If they have a couple of hours of sun, green beans will grow
almost anywhere. Some varieties of lettuce do not require a lot
of light. Onions or potatoes maybe?

As long as we're talking veggies, does anyone here have
experience growing food grade soybeans (edamame)? Our first
attempt was not particularly successful so i'm wondering if the
plant needs something special in order to produce beans.

Raleighgirl