Old 07-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Jim Lewis

On 7 Dec 2004 at 6:31, Donald Munsey Jr. wrote:

My Friends,

I have a friend that wanted to give her son in the Orlando, Florida area a
bonsai kit for Christmas. I talked her out of that, suggesting she send him
a gift certificate to a bonsai nursery in the Orlando or central Florida
area. That would take care of several things at one time - he would get to
choose a tree he liked, it would be a variety that will do well in his
locale and most importantly he would make a local contact! Then she asked
me - where to get a gift certificate - now I need your help. Any
suggestions?

Good suggestions!

"Near" Orlando, there's http://jimsmithbonsai.com (722-562-
5291) and rather than just a plant, she might give him a lesson
from Jim Smith himself on a plant selected from Jim's nursery.

Then there's The Potted Forest (appointment only) in Dade City.
www.pottedforest.com (352-518-1109); I've not been there but
have heard good things.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: