Old 07-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Rod

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:10:50 GMT, gray wrote:

I have a tall holly tree approx 30ft tall, that had been in the past
pruned to form a nice A shape.

Its got a bit leggy in places.

Advice please on the best method of pruning it ??? and best time of
year to prune. As its covered in berries now.

ie scaffold tower, long extension pruners, cherry picker etc etc

It's very forgiving, so do what you want, when you want.

As for access, a cherrypicker would be my choice but could be
expensive if you have to hire one. A scaffold tower that size would
need to be almost completely dismantled at each move and you will
probably need several moves. That would be for a good reshaping job,
you'd probably get away with long pruners and a polesaw for a rough
and ready pruning job.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.