Old 08-12-2004, 01:43 AM
RichToyBox

Rich,

The weight of water in the pond will keep the bottom weighted down if the
water level in the pond is higher than the current ground level. Water will
travel up and around the liner to find a low spot to exit. Putting in some
form of gravel drain around the pond and elevating the sides some with the
dirt removed from the pond will provide the necessary drainage ane
elevation. It will also provide a direction for the runoff, such that it
does not enter the pond. You will also get a few extra inches of depth
without having to dig deeper, and depth equals gallons.
--
RichToyBox

"Richard Holub" wrote in message

But I have also read in my new book "Koi: Living Jewels of the Orient" by
Steve Hickling that if the water table is high one can dig a sump, pump it
out during construction and lay the liner. After filling the pond one can
fill the sump back in. Am I missreading this section? If the liner is
layed out and the pond is filled then there should not be a problem with
bubbling underneath the liner?

I know that I can build the pond a few feet higher to remedie this problem
but, BUT...

Rich