Old 08-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Nikki Casali

I didn't mention that some months ago, before I added any real plants to
the tank, and in my ignorance, I added a pH adjuster to my tap water.
Because that water is so hard, much of the chemicals precipitated out
like snow. It completely blocked up my canister filter.

I am wondering whether that snow like precipitation was actually pure
phosphate.

Even with Rowaphos and Green-X working in the canister filter, and a
pinch of food a day, phosphate has only now leveled out at 0.80 mg/L. It
was up and down like a yo-yo a couple of days ago. I wonder whether some
of the precipitation is still in my tank and is now dissolving back into
solution?

The anacharis stem I bleached with 1:19 concentration, for 1 minute
only, has not recovered after 2 days.

Nikki