Old 08-12-2004, 07:58 PM

Baldcypress appreciate being on dry land once in awhile. Are they in
water permanently ? all year long ? Also you should not fertilze a tree
the 1st year you plant it.
Roy wrote:
I planted a bald cypress about 2 months back. While it has gotten new
growth, mainly on the top portion very llittle has grownon the lower
portion. It seems to be more brown than green, and I have been told
its a deciduous tree and it will loose all its needles. It is

planted
in about 12" of water. I have used the spike fertilizer things spaced
around the tree approx 30 or so inches from the trunk as directions
stated, but I would think this tree should be growing much better

than
it has so far if its healty.......which it appears to be anyhow. Its
just that its so brown in a lot of areas. It was a 5 gal container
tree, and would it be like this due to the fact of being

transplanted.
My pond soil and wate ris on the acid side as everything I read it
ikes the 6.7 to 7.0 range of ph, which it is in.

Any suggestions appreciated on what I can do to green this tree out

or
promote its growth bit more would be appreciated.

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.