Old 08-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Scott M.

Default Pond frozen over

I can't believe it. My pond froze over last night. This morning when I
checked it, it was above freezing and the pond was completely frozen over.
There was a hump where the bubbler was sending up bubbles. I removed the
bubbler to test it and it is fine. Last week, I put my floating heater in
the pond and left it off. It froze right into the ice. This morning I
plugged it in. Hopefully it will melt the ice and pop to the surface. I hope
it doesn't get watterlogged and electrocute my fish. I might thaw out a
garden hose and see if I can free it up tonight with a stream of water. I am
also building a light bulb heated box to keep the bubbler in.

Scott M in Carp (Ottawa)