Old 09-12-2004, 04:00 AM
Alan Walker

Iris: "It was on a plane trip to Montgomery to visit the site of
the proposed memorial that Lin got her inspiration. Reading
through some research material, she came across the words "until
justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty
stream," a paraphrase from the Book of Amos that Dr. Martin
Luther King Jr. had used in his "I Have a Dream" speech and at
the start of the bus boycott in Montgomery eight years earlier."

Alan Walker