Old 09-12-2004, 01:29 PM
rtk

It really is a problem because fish tend to die so terribly slowly. I
know the best way to end it, but no way would I be able to do that.
Usually I don't have the courage to do anything and that's the cruelest
non-solution of all. I've seen a fish take more than a week to slowly
die and of course I read all sorts of silly accusatory messages in their
pathetic little clouded eyes. If I were braver and more considerate of
the fish than I am of my own selfish feelings, I would remove them with
a little tank water and perhaps add a little alcohol to the water
and/or the freezer. Just typing this makes me squirm. I know, I know,
the guillotine is kinder, but I can't.

Ruth Kazez