Old 09-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Scott M.

I think the overnight temperature was a few degrees below freezing.

Scott

"Crashj" wrote in message
On or about Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:23:07 -0500, "Scott M."
wrote something like:

I can't believe it. My pond froze over last night. This morning when I
checked it, it was above freezing and the pond was completely frozen

over.

I know it is possible, but is that what you really meant to say?
Radiant heat losses into space on a clear night can frost a windshield
even though the air temp is above 32*F, but I never heard of a pond
freezing that way. Or did it just warm up by the time you rousted
yourself out of bed? {;-)
--
Crashj