Old 09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:25:15 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

According to Ray at Hill House, where I obtained it, it needs to get up to
the roof of his large greenhouse, about 18ft, before it flowers and then it
has goldy coloured blooms I'm told.
You say the one you saw in flower had white flowers, and David Hill said a
few months ago his has pink flowers, and both of them flower at a much
smaller size (half size) than the Hill House ones.

The one at Abbotsbury was a lovely clear white; only 2 blooms but a
lot of buds. It must have been nearer 10 to 12 feet than the 8 which
I quoted. It was growing a good foot below a raised path, and I had
to reach up to inspect the flower. NO sign of any seed pods, so maybe
only just flowering.
I liked the white one but would prefer David's pink one to "goldy
couloured".
Hey David! Do you sell seed?
Thanks Sacha, I'll do some more research before I buy one of your
plants next year.

Pam in Bristol