Old 10-12-2004, 03:45 PM

A while back I researched upgrading my eclipse lighting as well, but
ended up leaving it alone.

I also realized was that if I increased the lighting to the point where
I needed CO2, then I'd also have to change the filtration as well,
because the current in the tank is very strong and would drive off the
CO2, at least that is what I understand.

I do, however, have some narrow leaf java fern and crypto balansae that
are growing very well in the tank. I have another type of crypt in
there as well, but I don't know what it is called.

It took me several tries to find plants that would work - had a lot
die, including one anubia plant!

I wonder if a little of it might have to do w/your water chemistry as
well.... if it helps my water is approx 8dgh, kh4, ph 7.5.