Old 10-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Phil L

Phil L wrote:
:: Mike Lyle wrote:
:::: David Hill wrote:
::::: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
:::::
::::: This is a good site to post to, but please don't post pics that
::::: are to big to open comfortably without broadband.
::::: If you post pics there that are of interest to this group then
::::: please post here to tell us what you have posted and where.
:::::
::::: I,ve just posted pics of tree dahlias taken yesterday on the
::::: above site, so you can see what I mean.
::::
:::: Is it just me, or does Google Groups not fully recognise abpg? I
:::: can't get in.
::::
:::: Mike.
::
:: Google groups doesn't handle binaries, only text, you need a
:: dedicated news server...some ISP's provide a news service, some do
:: not, there are free ones but they can be flakey at best, one such
:: is:
:: news.usenetzone.com
:: you can sign up for free, they email you a username and password
:: and then you access the groups through outlook express as normal.
::
::
:: HTH

upon closer inspection, it seems you are with tiscali? - they use
newsindividual.net, abpg should be in your newsgroup list