Old 10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Nullcode

Jim Lewis wrote:

snipped
To add to your problems, this may have been the absolute worst
time to sprout a pine seed. Spring is the time for seeds and
they should be growing outdoors. Jack pine will not like your
English winter climate, though. Too wet.

I suggest you go to a neighborhood store and buy a small
"indoor" plant, perhaps a Ficus and try that as a bonsai over
the winter.

Thanks alot for the advice, afaik we dont have a store that sells bonsai
in my area, but i will have a look as a full tree would be nice.
Although I will perciver with this one. Following the advice on IBC.com
I used a spray on the top of the soil and plant and moved it to an open
window and its mad a big difference with the fungii. I think this
weekend Ill move the tree to a more sandy based soil. Is there anything
I should avoid, we have some small-fine grain gravel in the garden,
would that be suitable?

And yup, the kit supplied a peat pellete that needed to be soaked and
expanded. Thx again Ill keep reading up.

--
Nullcode
"Suffering is a result of desire"