Old 10-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Michael Saunby

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Now, of course, the boot's on the other foot, and we are denuding our
former colonies of medical staff :-(

yes, this is criminal.
The question has to be asked, can we not train our own because there just
aren't the suitable people, or because government cannot get it within
budget? Either way it looks pretty bad

It's a global market! As all graduates soon discover, graduate employment
is national, not local, many job adds for new graduates don't even state
where you'll be working, if indeed you'll be working at one place.

It isn't surprising that the UK struggles to produce certain professionals
at a competitive price, or that some that we produce are worth more
elsewhere.

Michael Saunby