Old 05-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Mark

Penelope Periwinkle wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:04:26 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

I've found references that suggest that Rosemary can tolerate
some frost, but how much is "some"? I have 2 plants in pots
on my porch that I've been bringing inside when there is a
chance of frost. So far we haven't had any frost, but it would
be nice to know when I have to bring them in and when I can
leave them outside.

I live in South Carolina, and I have rosemary plants in the
ground and in a whisky barrel planter. Frost won't touch
'em, and neither does a bit of freezing weather. We have
at least a few nights a year that get down to the teens, and
plenty in the twenties. I never worry about the rosemary. We
even have snow or sleet once, sometimes twice a winter, and
it's never hurt the rosemary.

Penelope

I'm in zone 6b, so I decided to bring my rosemary inside for the
winter...we occasionally get below-zero temps in the winter, so I
decided to play it safe.

Mark