Old 11-12-2004, 09:09 AM

There is no conjecture nor opinion from nice aqauscapes and nice
healthy growing plants.

I have both.

Careful whom you take advice from and listen to, a universal truth is
that healthy plant growth = no algae growth/issues.

I used to have some brownish slime on the surface of my gravel and
plants. It was choking my plants to death. Since I have started
adding fertilizer to my tank, my plants started growing and I noticed
the most of that disgusting brown slime have disappeared. What you
wrote would explain why the brownish slime which I assume to be algae
have receded.

So focus on the plant growth.
More CO2, more nutrients

Algae do better at lower nutrients than plants, not higher.
Algae are also in a different niche than pklants due to their much
smaller size and requirements.

Regards,
Tom Barr