Old 11-12-2004, 11:18 AM

Default a flower spike..or is it?

Early this year I bought a very nice Cymbidium orchid from a local
plant store, very nice it was indeed with lots of leaves and two very
impressive flower spikes which lasted for weeks.

Eventually they faded and I placed the plant outside away from direct
sunlight in the back garden where it sat adding some greenery in my
border very happily for some months. (UK north east coast)

A coupe of weeks ago the really cold weather came calling so I brought
it back indoors.

I have notived a small spike forming (about 4" so far) and wondered if
its too early to be a flower spike.

Can anyone give me some advie on how best to get them flowering?
Chris