Old 11-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Jim Webster

"Michael Saunby" wrote in message

Bound to happen in some cases. I understand the average starting salary
for graduates (entering graduate employment - many don't make it) is
claimed to be £21k. Presumably in the city this can be doubled for the
right person. I get the impression that the present maximum (in most
cases) in public sector employment is roughly ( age x 1k ) so my guess is
he's about 40 working in the public sector, or other similarly unionised
employment. I'd also guess that his salary includes a pretty decent
pension, and hers won't. Also her salary still won't be enough to get a
mortgage to buy a property in the area where she works.

yes, it is amazing how well off you can be when housing is comparatively
cheap

Jim Webster