Old 12-12-2004, 04:58 AM
Bob Walsh

Sandra,

Start by setting the phal two feet away from the window.
When the sun shines it's brightest on the phal feel the leaves, if warm to
the touch move it further away, if cool you can move it closer maybe 6
inches at a time.
You don't want phal leaves getting warm or they will burn.

Bob
"sandra" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,
My sister's phal had 5 babies last year03, and now they're mature
enough to bloom.....
The problem is, I don'thave a North or East Window, one that's
availabale anyway...
I was wondering....maybe with some light to moderate shading, would it
be okay to let my phal rest a few feet away from my South Window....I
would use the West, but the light is too strong, and too direct....
I'm just a little worried, because I've been reading that only certain
orchids can handle Southern exposure...Anyway, Any help would be
greatly appreciated....
Sandra