Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 AM
GFRfan

meirman wrote:
In alt.home.lawn.garden on Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:25:25 GMT GFRfan
posted:

meirman wrote:

The threaded thing on the end of my garden hose leakes, and I wanted
to cut it off and buy something to clamp on to the end that wouldn't
leak.

They seem only to sell devices for 5/8 and 3/4 inch hose, and I'm sure
mine is smaller than that.

Do they not make my size anymore?

??

Any place I can get these connectors?

??

Meirman

If this is one of those cheap plastic 1/2" hoses I'd just toss it and
get a hose with some volume.

Thanks for replying but I've never noticed that it has inadequate
volume. It's always been enough for all of my purposes, even when in
series with two other hoses.

I don't believe in waste. Once I own something, I use it until it's
not usable anymore.

If it had inadequate volume, I would assign it to tasks for which its
volume was adequate.

If something requires fixing, I compare the cost of a repair with the
cost of replacement or of no longer having something (all the costs,
including the costs to society).

If the end gave out, chances are that the rest of the hose will split or
give out soon. Just buy 1 hose and throw the old one away. With that
attitude you will have 75' of fittings with very little actual hose. It
has nothing to do with tree hugging conservation. It's just cheapness.
You can buy a 75' section if industrial rubber garden hose for under
$37.00 and with a lifetime warranty. It breaks, you take it back to the
store and they give you a new one. No hunting for the right fitting, no
fitting it together only to develop another leak in a week. jmho