Old 12-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Hamish

"Michael Saunby" wrote in message
..

Bound to happen in some cases. I understand the average starting salary
for graduates (entering graduate employment - many don't make it) is
claimed to be £21k. Presumably in the city this can be doubled for the
right person. I get the impression that the present maximum (in most
cases) in public sector employment is roughly ( age x 1k ) so my guess is
he's about 40 working in the public sector, or other similarly unionised
employment. I'd also guess that his salary includes a pretty decent
pension, and hers won't. Also her salary still won't be enough to get a
mortgage to buy a property in the area where she works.

Less than 40k and he is 52. Engineering does not generally pay that well.
The salaries quoted in the annual IEE review always seem on the high side.