Old 12-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Hamish

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

I get the feeling that the politicians/NHS managers would rather like
doctors status to decline :-(

As more people are educated to university level and more jobs come into
existance requiring a good education then the relatice decline of old skills
must decline.

Once a teacher, a doctor and a priest would be the only educated people
that the majority would meet..

Although I seem to get the impression from the Sherlock Holmes stories that
Dr Watson was not particularly well paid and enhanced his pay and status by
chronocling the SH stories. Conan Doyle was a doctor, so I assume this
reflected his own findings as to MD status.