Old 12-12-2004, 07:04 AM
GFRfan

GFRfan wrote:

meirman wrote:

I don't believe in waste. Once I own something, I use it until it's
not usable anymore. If it had inadequate volume, I would assign it
to tasks for which its
volume was adequate.

If something requires fixing, I compare the cost of a repair with the
cost of replacement or of no longer having something (all the costs,
including the costs to society).

If the end gave out, chances are that the rest of the hose will split
or give out soon. Just buy 1 hose and throw the old one away. With
that attitude you will have 75' of fittings with very little actual
hose. It has nothing to do with tree hugging conservation. It's just
cheapness.
You can buy a 75' section if industrial rubber garden hose for under
$37.00 and with a lifetime warranty. It breaks, you take it back to
the store and they give you a new one. No hunting for the right
fitting, no fitting it together only to develop another leak in a
week. jmho

Also, check this:
http://www.make-stuff.com/gardening/gardenhose.html

But if you insist, you could go to a plumbing shop and get those
materials to patch the hose.