Old 12-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Robert

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "Robert" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: : :
: : : If you want real lime, try a builder's merchant, especially
: one
: : who
: : : sells lime mortars.
: :
: : Builder's lime is a different thing altogether and is inactive
: on
: : the
: : garden.
: :
: : That is quite incorrect. Builders' lime is Calcium Hydroxide,
: known
: : as "slaked lime" It is an alkaline material which is very
: frequently
: : used to treat acid soil.
:
: No you're wrong Franz, builder's lime is no use to the garden
: whatsoever
:
: No, an elementary knowledge of chemistry, aided by a few hundred
: references in Google says I am right.
: Biulders' Lime really is Calcium Hydroxide, known as "slaked lime"
: It is an alkaline material which is very frequently used to treat
: acid soil.
:
: Franz
We'll have to agree to differ, my searches and the GQT team back me up but
who cares really lol. All the best
: