Old 12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Chris J Dixon

Bob H wrote:

About 3 years ago we planted 2 honeysuckle plants/climbers into 2
planters with a trellis at the back. The first year of growth produced
an abundance of shoots and leaves with some flowers. The second year it
did not do very well at all. Not many shoots/leaves, and no flowers. So
last backend I cut both plants right back and hoped they would do better
this year, but they did not. Again like last year, no flowers and not
many shoots/leaves. Today I was about to start cutting them back again,
when I noticed some small blue berries on them, so I stopped cutting and
left them for the birds to eat.

I have an elderly honeysuckle which I cut hard back a couple of
years ago. Last year it re grew as expected, but this year made
little extra growth, and the flowers were sparse. Maybe next
season is time to replace it with a couple of clematis.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.