Old 12-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Srgnt Billko

BTW - I use old hose to pump water from a brook, siphon from a small
reservoir and irrigate garden areas so I have collected over 20 hoses that
people have thrown out and patch them up. Short pieces are used to tie up
branches of fruit trees.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"meirman" wrote in message
The threaded thing on the end of my garden hose leakes, and I wanted
to cut it off and buy something to clamp on to the end that wouldn't
leak.

They seem only to sell devices for 5/8 and 3/4 inch hose, and I'm sure
mine is smaller than that.

Do they not make my size anymore?

Any place I can get these connectors?

Meirman

I've got 1/2" connectors but I've had them for so long I can't remember
where I got them but I usually pick stuff like that up in drug stores at
seasons end because they sell them at clearance prices. Of course Walmart

&
KMart always have those things in season - and then there is always chain
hardware stores. I have also gotten some that are tapered so that
one-size-fits-all.