Old 12-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Phred

In article , (Iris Cohen) wrote:
The weather in Syracuse is NEVER boring. We can have a temperature drop of 30
degrees in half a day, or 60 deg. in a day & a half. (Fahrenheit degees are
smaller than Centigrade.)

A drop of 20 to 25C overnight is not unusual here (20C would probably
be pretty normal in fact) but, day on day, even 8 to 10C would be
pretty extreme.

We get more rainbows than other parts of the country, and occasionally Northern

Found any pots of gold? :-)

Lights. We once had something, I forget what they called it, which is a tornado
that doesn't turn (Killed two people). And have you ever seen graupel, even in
Minnesota? Graupel is snow that falls as miniature snowballs. And we get nice
warm sun in summer without so much coastal humidity. But if my grandchildren
weren't here, I would still move to a warmer climate.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if cooler is healthier. What brought
this to mind is that the last of the Australian First World War
veterans have been dying off over the past few years, and a surprising
number of them seem to have lived in Tasmania. Given the small
population of that State I can only assume they sent off a very high
proportion of volunteers or the ones that did go went on to live a
very healthy life in our coldest State.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID