Old 12-12-2004, 04:37 PM
kenty ;-\)

Reka ,its not the temp drop but the possibility of cold draughts ,even still
in my conservatory I have recently noticed it drops to below 55c & I would
expect it even colder next to the window so I would have the plants further
into the room .were you should still get the temp difference at night.But we
all grow in different conditions,I struggled to grow in the house and
couldn't wait to get a greenhouse even if it is small,we couldn't stand the
constant mess/knocking pots over & watering etc. Also I think we flap abit
about the temp difference and pamper our orchids toooooo much. I am
surprised at how much better the plants are doing in a greenhouse.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Reka" wrote in message
kenty ;-) wrote:
The phal should do fine there in the winter,but as soon as the sun

become
strong in spring ,i would move it further into the room.I wouldnt place

the
plant to close to the window as at night can become a cold

area,especially
on a windowsill with curtains drawn. I have seen someone
growing/re-flowering phals on a bay windowsill with really good results.

You see, I would have said the opposite. The cold nights are good for
them, as long as it doesn't get below 13°C/55°C. But you will need a
sheer curtain now while the sun is low, and more so as the days get
longer. Some tissue paper taped to the window behind the plant helps,
too, if you don't have or want a curtain.
Where are you? That can make a big difference as well.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!