Old 12-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Franz Heymann

"Robert" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in

message
: ...
: :
: : "Robert" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: : :
: : : If you want real lime, try a builder's merchant,

especially
: one
: : who
: : : sells lime mortars.
: :
: : Builder's lime is a different thing altogether and is

inactive
: on
: : the
: : garden.
: :
: : That is quite incorrect. Builders' lime is Calcium Hydroxide,
: known
: : as "slaked lime" It is an alkaline material which is very
: frequently
: : used to treat acid soil.
: :
: : [snip]
: :
: : Franz
:
: ps Slaked lime is not builder's lime, slaked lime is gardeners'
: lime.
: Builders' lime is hydrated lime
:
: You have your knickers in a twist. {:-((
: The process of slaking quicklime is the process by which it is
: hydrated.
: Quicklime is calcium oxide. Hydrating it converts it into calcium
: hydroxide.
: Slaked lime, hydrated lime or builders' lime are all synonyms for
: calcium hydroxide. It is used very frequently indeed for

correcting
: acidity in soils, as is powdered limestone, which is calcium
: carbonate.
:
: So we are as one even though we didn't know
: it lol. Merry Christmas Franz
:
: No, we are not even. You are wrong, pure and simple.
: Merry Christmas.
:
: Franz
I don't think so but I have lost the will to care anymore lol. All

the best

Me too.

Have a very good Christmas.

Franz