Old 12-12-2004, 04:37 PM
jane

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:38:11 +0000, Rod
wrote:

~On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:41:30 -0000, "Robert"
wrote:
~
~ It is also useful to put in the planting
~hole to help prevent club root although the experts as usual dispel this
~notion.
~
~Which experts? When our local Hort College was growing brassicas
~commercially they kept the pH of their brassica field around 9 for
~that reason.

Yikes - that's *very* alkaline!

Though I admit, growing brassicas in chalky soil does mean I've never
had the pleasure of having to lime in the first place...

--
jane

Mark Twain