Old 12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

I have a number of Chinese Elm cultivars. Some were grown from cuttings taken
from a nursery purchased landscape tree that was sold as Siberian Elm. These
cuttings are now more than 20 years old with little more than one inch trunks.
I suppose they are bunjin. One is in a bonsai pot and last winter lost all of
its leaves for about two months. Since it has decent ramification I took it
to the office and displayed for its branch structure.
I also have some of the Catlin - Sasuki (sp.) cultivars. They tend to hold
their leaves longer. All of these remain outside all winter here on the Space
Coast.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++