Old 12-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Rob Halgren

Good to hear you've tried a dual system and can live without 'cause that's what
I'm trying. Going for 2 400 watt mh. If I really do need to supplement because
the low light plants still aren't getting enough light I'll try a high output
fluorescent. They're only about 12000 lumens but that should be enough.
Expensive though as you throw out the ballast too when you switch bulbs.

That is exactly what I have... Well, that and a greenhouse I'm
still getting used to. Check out the plant room at:

http://www.msu.edu/~halgren/orchids/Growing_room.htm

Skip the high output fluorescents and use a smaller HID light. I
have two 175W going right now, and a 100W one that is still in the box.
A bit more expensive, but more effective and you don't have to throw
away the ballast.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )