Old 09-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Derek Broughton

Tom Randy wrote:

Well this is highly debated in fish cicles. Some say clove oil, some say
freezing, some say off with the head is the fastest way.

Thankfully I haven't had to do it yet...

It's hard to understand how "off with the head" could be fast or humane.
I've seen fish heads gasping for what seemed like hours (but I was a kid at
the time, so might have been just a few minutes).

Now, a completely untested method I was told about last summer was "vodka in
the gills, then off with the head". Seems like a waste of alcohol to me.
--
derek