Old 09-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Andy Hill

"HK_Newbie" wrote:
... my main question is the
best way to go about "ending" it for him. I realize how stupid this might
sound, but I rather liked this fish and have had him in my pond for three
years so I want to do this as quickly as I can. Any opinions?

Years ago, I bought a small bottle of MS-222 / Finquel / Tricaine
Methanesulfonate (a fish anesthetic) for this purpose. Knock the fish out
using the "sleep" dose, then add a large overdose to finish the job. Kind of
expensive up front (around $50, IIRC), but I figure I'm going to be dead and
gone before I use up the one bottle I have, and I like to know I'm not botching
the job.