Old 09-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Scott M.

You raise an interesting point Jerry. The only problem would then be being
sure that the bubbler was still working if you can't see it through the snow
and ice.

Scott

"Jerry Donovan" wrote in message

"Scott M." wrote in message
I can't believe it. My pond froze over last night. This morning when I
checked it, it was above freezing and the pond was completely frozen

over.
There was a hump where the bubbler was sending up bubbles. I removed the
bubbler to test it and it is fine.

If the bubbler was still putting out bubbles under the ice, then the
pond will be fine. That air is escaping somewhere around the
edges or some cracks in the ice. Having a hole in the middle
of the pond isn't what is important. What is important is just
having any bad gasses escape.

Jerry