Old 12-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Mike Lyle

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote

[...]
(Talking of which, in Tesco this afternoon I found an unusual bit

of
lost property: a ten-bob note! I couldn't have been more surprised

if
it had been a doubloon.)

Hey, if it is in good condition, it will be worth something, but
probably not as much as a ten pound note.

Franz, that's a shockingly unworthy thought. I, of course, handed it
in to a bemused checkout kid, explaining carefully what it was; she
in turn passed it one slightly older rung up the supermercantile
power-ladder, while I left the premises.

Interestingly, the Bank of England note in question had had one end
cut off: I surmise that somebody had rather naively been trying to
prove that a nine-bob note wasn't as queer as people thought.

Mike (working hard on the clockwork orange and chocolate fireguard
concepts to prove I may not be so daft after all).