Old 13-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Eyebright Eyebright is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G
I have a mealybug problem with my houseplants and wonder if someone
can offer some suggestions on how to get rid of the pests?
theres no easy way to get rid of these ...if painting with whatever you used is too time-consuming ( we used to paint with meths)...then take a deep breath anf throw out all plants you suspect to be contaminated before the problem spreads even more.

on the subject of bio-control ...its the larva stage of ladybirds that do the eating...you need to hope the adults lay eggs on the infested plants...wont work in a house though...

finally you presumably brought these pests in on a new plant...check check check new plants for pests and diseases ..especially the underside of new growth ...before placing them among your treasures.