Old 12-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Sacha

On 12/12/04 22:37, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

snip
Wasn't there some association with the use of lime and an infamous
murderer - Crippen, perhaps? Years ago, I remember reading a
Dornford Yates novel in which a murderer used slaked lime instead

of
quicklime and thus preserved the body he had hoped to destroy,

which
was buried in a pit in a barn, IIRC. I think. ;-)

Good Heavens above! Somebody as young as you who's read Dornford
Yates! I ought to rush round and do a piece for the Sunday Telegraph!

As *young* as me?! I'm very flattered, Mike but on 11 January, I shall be
59! And besides, my mother had the entire collection at one time and I
read the lot and now have some of my own. Berry & Co. is still one of the
funniest books I've ever known.
snip

--
Sacha