Old 13-12-2004, 01:50 AM
V_coerulea

Pam's right but I'd say that it's really a waste of time and energy unless
you have a greenhouse. They like very high light. And even so, they will
tend to lose leaves due to the "shock" of moving them indoors. They
definately will if you have to dig them and pot them up. You will have to
cut them back some. They you will have to play bee to pollinate for fruit
which you'll get maybe a few weeks to a month or so ahead of planting new
seedlings in the garden in the spring. But if you want to try it, it may
work out well for you. Just don't expect continued fruit production if any
during winter.
Gary
"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
. com...
That's absolutely demented. You have completely lost your mind. You have
flipped your lid. :-)

Pepper plants are annuals.

Sorry, but all species of Capsicum are perennial, woody subshrubs. They
are
typically grown in this country as annuals because they are semi-tropical
in
origin. In fact, the specifc epithet of C. annuum was assigned by
taxonomists in the northern hemisphere assuming the plant was an annual
based on its performance in our more temperate climate - it is actually a
short lived perennial. It is perfectly reasonable to be able to grow these
plants indoors ( a greenhouse would be preferred) for an extended period
of
time, provided all necessary growing conditions are met.

pam - gardengal

"Lawrence Bullock" wrote in message
I live in Northern California. It's traditionally cold and wet here in

the
winter. I've been thinking about moving the pepper plants I have
(jalapeno,
anaheim and cayenne) indoors. Is this a crazy idea?