Old 09-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Nedra

De-Icers are programmed to come on at about 40 degrees F. so it shouldn't be
too
costly for you. In winters past I would plug in the de-icer and forget it
for the whole
winter. Never cost me a fortune or I wouldn't have been able to continue my
lazy
ways. lol

Nedra
Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

"Scott M." wrote in message
I was able to free up the floating heater and I ran it all night. Since it
is 1250 Watts, it will cost me a fortune, so today I went out and adjusted
my timer to have the heater come on for 6 one hour periods throughout the

24
hour day.

Scott

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
My De-Icer used to get iced in all the time. I would melt the top layer
with a tea
kettle full of boiling water.... Got un-iced in a hurry.
Careful in carrying the tea-kettle!

Nedra in Missouri

Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:
"Scott M." wrote in message
I can't believe it. My pond froze over last night. This morning when I
checked it, it was above freezing and the pond was completely frozen

over.
There was a hump where the bubbler was sending up bubbles. I removed

the
bubbler to test it and it is fine. Last week, I put my floating heater

in
the pond and left it off. It froze right into the ice. This morning I
plugged it in. Hopefully it will melt the ice and pop to the surface.

hope
it doesn't get watterlogged and electrocute my fish. I might thaw out

garden hose and see if I can free it up tonight with a stream of

water.
am
also building a light bulb heated box to keep the bubbler in.

Scott M in Carp (Ottawa)