Old 13-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Jim Webster

"Oz" wrote in message

I think that would be a new precedent.

It already exists for trees, hedges and now moving into permanent
grassland. I can see it being extended regularly.

Environmental Impact Assessments

Certainly. I expect a significant reduction in local wildlife as a
result. Fortunately its quite likely that we will win our remaining
appeal and go back into dairying in a few years.

but economics drives that.

No. In my case a profitable dairy unit was removed due to nvz's and the
planners refusing slurry storage.

This is a major problem, that the costs of complying with these regulations
means that reintroducing livestock (at least cattle) farming on any scale
is impossible

Jim Webster